Skilled Nursing Facility at Hillcrest Herring Campus
The Skilled Nursing Facility at the Hillcrest Herring Campus in Waco has a commitment to helping you obtain your independence by providing:
- A goal oriented philosophy of treatment built upon our dedication of positive results
- Individualized care, based on your skilled daily need
- Family and patient education and counseling to help build a bridge from hospital to home
Our specialized clinical team — which includes physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech-language pathologists, registered nurses, licensed vocational nurses, social services and dietitians — treats patients with a wide variety of diagnoses, including:
- Joint replacement
- Hip fracture
- Diabetic care
- Back surgery
- Pain management
- New tube feeding
- Colostomy/Ileostomy care
- Incision/Wound Care
- Some IV antibiotics
- IM/SQ injections
- New tracheostomy care
Prior to admission to the Skilled Nursing Facility, each person is carefully assessed to determine whether his or her specific condition would benefit and require a daily skilled needwhich can only be received on an inpatient basis. This free, personal assessment may be conducted at home, in your physician's office, at any hospital, or at Hillcrest Baptist Medical Center. Our Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) Medical Director is responsible for authorizing each patient's admission to the facility.
The following guidelines may be applied to determine appropriateness:
- The patient requires daily skilled care and a physician to oversee the patient's medical needs and care plan.
- The patient requires 24-hour inpatient skilled nursing care, but is medically stable.
Medicare also requires a three-night stay in an acute hospital (as an inpatient) to qualify for a skilled nursing facility. Commercial Insurances may require pre-authorization in some cases. Most major medical insurance carriers, including Medicare, cover these services in our skilled nursing facility, as long it is determined there is a daily skilled need. (Medicaid does not cover skilled nursing services.) Co-pays do apply if required.