Seasonal Flu Information
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control recommends everyone over six months of age get the seasonal influenza vaccine. This is the most important step you can take in preparing for flu season and protecting yourself and your family. The appropriate time for receiving the flu vaccine is between October and December.
Scott & White is currently administering the flu shot; the FluMist® nasal vaccine is not available at this time but will become available soon. Given as a nasal spray, the FluMist® is for healthy patients ages two to 49.
Vist flu.sw.org for resources and flu faq:
• Who should be immunized?
• How is the flu transmitted?
• How can the flu be prevented?
• What can the public do to prepare for the flu season?
• Can the flu shot cause the flu?
• What are the symptoms of the flu?
• What do I do if I have flu symptoms?