Health Risks of Obesity
In the past twenty years, adult obesity has doubled. In fact, three in five Americans are now either overweight or obese.
Obesity is considered a disease. It causes many serious health conditions, known as co-morbidities, which include:
- Type 2 diabetes
- High cholesterol
- High blood pressure
- Heart disease and stroke
- Sleep apnea
- Arthritis and joint disease
- Reflux disease and heartburn
Other long-term medical consequences linked to obesity include:
- Congestive heart failure
- Kidney disease that may lead to kidney failure
- Fatty liver disease that may lead to liver failure
If you suffer from obesity, Scott & White can help.
- Find out if you qualify for weight-loss surgery
- Attend a free seminar to learn more
- Request an appointment online or call us at 254-724-2397
For more information about the epidemic of obesity, please visit the Weight-control Information Network website.