Scott & White Hospital - Round Rock Emergency Department Awards and Recognition
In addition to being ranked by Press Ganey in the top-ten percent of U.S. Emergency Departments for overall patient satisfaction, the Emergency Department of Scott & White Hospital - Round Rock has received numerous awards, accreditations and recognition that help distinguish it from any ER or trauma facility in the Austin area.
Re-accreditation by the Society of Chest Pain Centers as a PCI-Cycle III Chest Pain Center
The intent of this accreditation is to ensure facilities meet or exceed quality-of-care measures based on improving the process for the care of the acute coronary syndrome (ACS) patient.
Primary Stroke Certification by The Joint Commission
The Certificate of Distinction for Primary Stroke Centers recognizes centers that make exceptional efforts to foster better outcomes for stroke care. It is The Joint Commission's first advanced certification program. Programs applying for advanced certification must meet the requirements for Disease-Specific Care Certification plus additional, clinically specific requirements and expectations
Certified primary stroke centers:
- Use a standardized method of delivering care based on the Brain Attack Coalition recommendations for establishment of primary stroke centers
- Support a patient's self-management activities
- Tailor treatment and intervention to individual needs
- Promote the flow of patient information across settings and providers, while protecting patient rights, security and privacy
- Analyze and use standardized performance measure data to continually improve treatment plans
- Demonstrate their application of and compliance with the clinical practice guidelines published by the AHA/ASA or equivalent evidence-based guidelines