Substance Abuse Services
for more information or
to join a program.
Scott & White
Mental Health Center
2401 S. 31st St.
Temple, TX 76508
The Scott & White Alcohol and Drug Dependence Treatment Program (ADDTP) is designed to help chemically dependent people in and around Central Texas learn how to stop their destructive use and abuse of alcohol and other drugs. Our substance abuse rehabilitation program strives to help patients make the life changes necessary to eliminate dependence on these substances. Substance abuse can claim not only lives, but can also claim jobs, marriages, families and friends. The goal of this alcohol and drug rehabilitation program is to help people learn how to enjoy life without the use of alcohol or other drugs.
Outpatient Care Programs
The Evening Treatment Program
The five-week ADDTP Outpatient Evening Program is located in the Scott & White Mental Health Center in Temple.
- The Evening Treatment Program provides rehabilitation for drug and alcohol abuse after working hours and meets Monday through Thursday evenings from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Participants can continue to work during the day and attend group therapy, individual therapy and educational sessions in the evenings.
- Family members who wish to better understand the nature of addiction and their roles in the process of recovery are invited to participate in an educational program every Wednesday evening from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
The Medicare/Senior Care Treatment Program
The six-week ADDTP Outpatient Medicare/Senior Care Program is located in the Scott & White Mental Health Center in Temple.
- The Medicare/Senior Care Treatment Program provides treatment on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday from 9 a.m. to noon.
- The program consists of group therapy, individual therapy and educational sessions.
The weekly Continuing Care group therapy sessions provide guidance and support during early and advanced stages of recovery and help participants maintain a clean-and-sober lifestyle for the long term. Following the alcohol and drug rehabilitation programs, these sessions are important to help both patients and their family members continue the drug and alcohol-free routines to help prevent relapse. Sessions are held in the Scott & White Mental Health Center in Temple.
- Meets every Tuesday evening from 6 p.m. to 7:15 p.m. and is designed for two years of follow-up.
The Scott & White Alcohol and Drug Dependence Treatment Program staff members are skilled in the treatment of chemical dependence and other mental health problems. With extensive experience in treating those with drug and alcohol problems, our staff works with patients during and after treatment to help with successful outcomes.
In addition, Scott & White's medical services and psychiatric services are available if needed.
Hallie Ann Brown, BS, LCDC, ADC III, SAP
Program Coordinator, S&W ADDTP
Russell Hoelsher, LPC
Luis Rodriquez, LCDC