Evening Group Intensive Outpatient Program
- Contact Us
Scott & White Mental Health Clinic - Temple
2401 S. 31st St.
Temple, TX 76508
The Evening Group Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) is a 20-day program (Monday through Thursday for five weeks) designed to help individuals learn cognitive and behavioral coping skills to deal with challenges and issues that may be interfering with life. Issues that are addressed include depression, anxiety, adjustment disorder and interpersonal problems such as dealing with family, marital/relationship issues and/or job issues.
We realize that entering a new program is never easy. Therefore, we are offering you this information to help acquaint you with the philosophy of the Evening Group Intensive Outpatient Program which is based on the belief that people can make significant changes in how they cope with life’s stressors.
The program is staffed by a licensed professional counselor who works with the patient’s referral source. Patients may self refer to the program, but will require an evaluation by a Scott & White mental health professional before being admitted into the program, which is covered by most insurances.Patient referrals may be made by calling 254-724-3214.
About the Program
- To reduce stress and help you mobilize your resources and strengths
- To provide education to help you cope better with future crises
- To help you develop more effective patterns of thinking, feeling and behaving
- To provide an intensive outpatient program
- To minimize life disruption
- Everyone is required to attend and participate in all groups
- Participants are expected to notify staff if they are going to be late or absent for that evening. Failure to notify staff for two consecutive days will result in being dropped from the program. Reinstatement may be possible by being placed on a waiting list.
- Casual/comfortable attire is recommended
- Bring a notebook in which to journal and take notes
- Confidentiality is mandatory. Everything said in group, as well as your attendance in the program, is confidential
- Cell phones are not to be used during groups
Third Party Payment
- It is important to know the extent of your healthcare insurance coverage. Participants will be responsible for costs not covered and/or paid for by insurance
- Co-pays are due at time of service on a weekly basis
Dynamic Group Therapy | 5 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Each participant is free to bring up and discuss any personal or interpersonal problems in order to explore means for better understanding of these problems and of the possibilities for personal growth. The program uses an eclectic approach, focusing primarily on cognitive behavioral therapy.
Break | 6:30 p.m. - 6:45 p.m.
Personal Growth Lecture | 6:45 p.m. - 8 p.m.
This group provides both a structured and experiential learning component and includes topics such as assertiveness training, relaxation, anger and anxiety management, communication skills and interpersonal conflict resolution.