If you’re a frequent runner, you might know the pain of plantar fasciitis.
Our licensed physical therapists in the Scott & White Division of Physical Therapy are specially trained to help you find relief from this agonizing condition.
Your physical therapist will:
- Review your medical history
- Massage and press on your heel area
- Press your toes toward your ankle
- Bend your ankle so that your foot reaches toward the front of your leg
Personalized Care Plan
Based on the assessment, your therapist will determine:
- The source of your pain
- Which services you’ll need
- Which therapeutic interventions may be helpful
Your PT will then create a personalized care plan that meets your individual needs. As you progress through therapy, your therapist will regularly re-evaluate your care plan.
Physical Therapy for Plantar Fasciitis
Your PT is specially trained in working with patients with plantar fasciitis. Your therapy may include:
- Targeted, prescriptive exercises to improve flexibility
- Orthotic devices to help maintain correct ankle and foot position
- Modalities to decrease pain and swelling
- Instruction in good exercise principles
- Stretching calves and feet prior to running or walking
- Adding warm ups and cool downs to your routine to reduce shock to the plantar fascia
- Replacing shoes regularly