Am I Eligible to Join the Registry?
Volunteers must be between 18 and 44 years old to register and remain on the registry until their 61st birthday.
Donors must be in general good health. Some conditions which would prevent you from joining include:
- HIV or risk for HIV
- Hepatitis or risk for hepatitis
- Most forms of heart disease and cancer
- Chronic lung disease
- Diabetes treated with insulin
- Diabetes-realted health issues
- Blood diseases
- Recent back surgery and severe or ongoing back problems
- Autoimmune and neurological disorders, such as lupus, rheumatoid arthritis and multiple sclerosis
- Organ or marrow transplant
- Significant obesity
- Sleep apnea
For more medical guidelines for joining the registry, visit the National Marrow Donor Program website.