Scott & White Continuing Care Hospital
This location does not have an emergency room. For emergency services, visit Scott & White Memorial Hospital - Temple or call 911.
The Scott & White Continuing Care Hospital (CCH) in Temple is an acute care hospital, not a chronic care nursing home or skilled nursing facility.
Patients cared for are critically ill with complex conditions. Many of these patients depend on technology such as ventilators, special monitors or dialysis. The average length of stay is 25 days
Scott & White's tradition of comprehensive, multispecialty care extends to the Continuing Care Hospital. Our team, which includes physicians, nurses, respiratory therapists, pharmacists and specialists in physical, occupational and speech therapy, utlizes its skills and experience to individualize care for our long-term patients.
Continuing Care Hospital treats patients with conditions such as:
- Ventilator weaning
- Pulmonary disease
- Cardiopulmonary disorders
- Complex wound care
- Neuromuscular diseases
- Gastrointestinal diseases (difficulty eating/swallowing)
- Post-operative complications (infection, stroke, bleeding)
- Renal disease, including dialysis
- Medically-complex patients
- Post-trauma care
Scott & White accepts most insurance plans. Check with your insurance provider to verify coverage.
- Physicians available 24 hours a day
- Specialized nursing care
- Respiratory therapy on-site 24 hours a day
- Physical medicine and rehabiliation
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Speech therapy
- Nutritional therapy
- Case management
- Social services
- Cardiac monitoring