Tobacco Cessation Programs
- How to Sign Up
To sign up for a class in your area, fill out the online registration form.
The program is available to all community members at the cost of program materials ($30). The program is offered at no cost for Scott & White staff and dependents.
For more information, contact Alexander Hainzinger at 254-724-1942.
According to the CDC, combining counseling with nicotine replacement therapy (NRT) or smoking cessation medications significantly increases the chances of long-term success. Therefore, in addition to the toll free numbers and on-line resources, Enuff of the Puff offers tobacco cessation group counseling through the American Lung Association's Freedom from Smoking (Tobacco) Program.
About the "Freedom from Smoking" program
The Freedom from Smoking (Tobacco) is a seven-week session that was created by the American Lung Association to aid tobacco users in quitting.
Classes are held once a week for seven weeks except for week four, which has two meeting times. Students must attend every session. Classes are comprised of 15 students and facilitated by Scott & White Wellness staff.
Classes are now enrolling for:
- Scott & White Round Rock: lunch and evening
- Scott & White Temple: lunch and evening
- Scott & White Brenham: evening
- Scott & White College Station Clinic: lunch and evening
- Scott & White Killeen Clinic: lunch and evening
- Scott & White Waco: lunch and evening
- Scott & White Llano: lunch and evening
- Scott & White Taylor: lunch and evening
New classes will continue to be formed as needed.