Lung Cancer Care
We are at the forefront of lung cancer treatment — surgery, radiation and chemotherapy. We actively participate in national studies for all three modalities. We offer you the most current treatments, and we also have very high levels of quality checks and evidence-based treatments here.
A diagnosis of lung cancer can be devastating. But there’s more hope now than ever before for treating lung cancer. Advancements in surgical techniques and radiation oncology, as well as in targeted therapies, are lending promise to the future.
Our internationally recognized team of lung specialists at Scott & White Healthcare is here to help you manage your lung cancer diagnosis, providing you the most advanced imaging services and treatment techniques available.
Personalized, Multidisciplinary Approach to Your Care
The core of our Lung Cancer Care program is the Vasicek Cancer Treatment Center at Scott & White in Temple. In one location, you'll benefit from an Integrated Care Team of lung cancer experts from all the specialties involved in your care — medical and radiation oncologists, thoracic surgical oncologists, pulmonologists and more.
In Scott & White's collaborative environment, this multidisciplinary team is focused on providing you with the most advanced lung cancer therapies available.
Excellence in Diagnosis
- The most advanced and precise imaging systems available to locate tumors and help guide treatment
- Nationally recognized diagnostic radiologists with critical experience identifying tumors
- Board-certified pathologists skilled at classifying and staging cancer and expert at detecting markers that help your team develop treatment plans
Excellence in Care
- Advanced cancer care centralized for your convenience — our specialists and support facilities available under one roof
- Your Integrated Care Team — a multidisciplinary collaboration of site-specific cancer specialists — providing you with comprehensive, high-quality healthcare personalized to your needs
- Secure, electronic medical records enabling your Scott & White physicians and other providers to quickly share import information about your care, including imaging and test results, treatment recommendations and more
- Specialized oncology social work services available, including counseling, coping technique education and ongoing evaluations during treatment
- A collaborative environment for referring physicians relying on Scott & White for services and information
Excellence in Treatment
- Multidisciplinary Tumor Boards specialized by cancer type and led by senior staff collaborating within Integrated Care Teams to develop the most favorable approaches to care and individualized treatment plans
- Surgical oncologists on the leading edge of state-of-the-art surgical techniques and complex cancer procedures, including minimally invasive and robot-assisted surgery
- Radiation oncologists who apply extensive experience and research to image-guided radiation therapy and other techniques to precisely target and treat tumors while sparing surrounding tissue
- Medical oncologists who take meticulous care to determine which chemotherapy drug or drugs are best for you
- Physicians who work closely with the Scott & White Cancer Research Institute and other national organizations to offer new cancer treatments and therapies