It can come on as a sharp or sudden pain, or it can begin as a dull, constant ache that increases over time. Neck and back pain affects many adults at some point in their lives and can be caused by:
- Injuries — incorrectly lifting, falls, sprains, strains, fractures
- Mechanical problems of the back — ruptured/herniated disks, spasms, tense muscles
- Medical conditions — arthritis, spinal stenosis, scoliosis, infections, tumors, stress
If you are experiencing numbness or tingling of the extremities, pain that does not improve with rest, radiating pain or pain following a fall or injury and have not been able to find relief through other treatment options, the Spine Center at Scott & White may be able to help. With locations in Temple, Round Rock and Waco, our experts offer personalized care plans that are right for you.
Multiple services, single location
By combining highly-skilled physicians and providers from an array of specialties with the latest technology, the Spine Center at Scott & White offers a comprehensive, multidisciplinary approach to diagnose and treat neck and back pain – all in a single, convenient location.
One Call Schedules Them All
At the Spine Center in Round Rock, one telephone call schedules a comprehensive appointment with all of our specialists.
In fact, most patients on their first visit to the center will see a neurologist, undergo a nerve conduction test, meet with pain management specialists and begin physical therapy treatments, if warranted.
- Neurology – A medical subspecialty that focuses on disorders of the nervous system, maintaining healthy nerve conduction and diagnosing dysfunction
- Pain management – A medical subspecialty dedicated to easing suffering and improving the quality of life of individuals living with pain through the use of medical and non-surgical techniques
- Physical therapy – The mainstay for a majority of back and spine conditions, physical therapy concentrates on the promotion of mobility and functional ability to correct impairment and disability
- Orthopedic/Spine surgery – While many individuals suffering from chronic neck and back pain do not require surgery, this specialty can provide relief for those with tumors, infection, disk issues, fractures, stenosis or bone displacement within the spine
In addition to one-stop access to a variety of medical specialties, the Spine Center at Scott & White uses the ancillary testing services, including laboratory, X-ray, CT scan, MRI and others.