Day Surgery Routine
Immediately Before Your Surgery
- After you check in, you’ll be taken through the double doors into the Day Surgery Unit.
- You’ll be asked to change into a hospital gown. In most cases, the gown ties in the back.
- You’ll be placed on a stretcher and taken to the operating room.
During Your Surgery
- Surgery times are not always predictable.
- We update families regarding surgery delays every hour.
After Your Surgery
- If you’re scheduled to go home, you’ll go to the Recovery Room, and then return to Day Surgery.
- If you’re scheduled to be admitted to the hospital, you may go to the Recovery Room and then to your assigned hospital room.
- There are times when delays occur getting a hospital room assignment.
- We apologize if you experience a delay.
- Your surgeon will visit with you and your family after your surgical procedure, unless you were informed prior to surgery that you’d receive information regarding your surgery at your follow-up appointment.
- Medications may affect your ability to recall details of conversations immediately following your surgical procedure.
- All doors open at 5:30 a.m.
- Valet Parking 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Brindley Circles
- If you need to pick up your vehicle after 6:00 p.m. from Brindley Circles, call 24-2216 from any house phone or ask a nurse for assistance.
- Valet Parking 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. at the South Towers
Day Surgery Monday 5:30 a.m. – 10:30 p.m.
After your surgery, you may receive a random survey asking about your care. We appreciate your feedback.
Thank you for choosing Scott & White Healthcare.
Si usted necesita un traductor, por favor llame para solicitar un mínimo de 24 horas de antelación.