Scott & White lactation consultants are specially-trained and certified to support breast feeding as a natural physiologic process that promotes better infant and maternal health and well-being.
The program's goals are to promote breastfeeding through education of staff members, new mothers and their families. The objective is to ensure successful continuity of care for the breastfeeding mother and family throughout the lactation period.
This service is available to all new mothers and continues until weaning of the child. Follow-up support and a specialized office allow quick, personalized help with any lactation problems.
- Prenatal breastfeeding classes or individualized consultation
- Assistance with breastfeeding while in hospital
- Postpartum follow-up for mother and baby by appointment or telephone
- Breast pump rental and breastfeeding supplies
- Support and assistance to mothers of premature or compromised infants in initiating and maintaining lactation
- Education and counseling for working mothers
Appointments and Referrals
Please contact your insurance provider to find out if a referral from your primary care physician is required to make an appointment with one of our specialists.
If a referral is required and your primary care physician is from Scott & White, simply contact your doctor to request the referral. If your primary care physician is not a Scott & White physician, please ask your doctor to visit our Physician Relations website at referral.sw.org. This site includes referral contact information and forms to make the process easy. Once we receive your physician's referall, we will contact you to scheudule an appointment.
If your insurance provider says you can self-refer, request an appointment online or contact one of our locations directly:
2401 S. 31st St.
Temple, TX 76508
Hours: Monday - Sunday, 7:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.