Scott & White lactation consultants are specially-trained and certified to support breast feeding as a natural physiologic process that promotes better infant and maternal health and well-being.
The program's goals are to promote breastfeeding through education of staff members, new mothers and their families. The objective is to ensure successful continuity of care for the breastfeeding mother and family throughout the lactation period.
This service is available to all new mothers and continues until weaning of the child. Follow-up support and a specialized office allow quick, personalized help with any lactation problems.
Our services include:
- Prenatal breastfeeding classes or individualized consultation
- Assistance with breastfeeding while in hospital
- Postpartum follow-up for mother and baby by appointment or telephone
- Breast pump rental and breastfeeding supplies
- Support and assistance to mothers of premature or compromised infants in initiating and maintaining lactation
- Education and counseling for working mothers