Mother and Baby Care After Delivery
Scott & White's Couplet Care allows well babies to remain in the mother's room until both are ready to go home. Mother and baby are cared for as a single unit with a primary nurse caring for the "couplet."
Our Couplet Care rooms include pull-out sleeper sofas, which gives fathers or partners the opportunity to be a part of the bonding process during the entire hospital stay.
Couplet Care benefits:
- Personalized care
- Improved mother-baby bonding
- Family-centered atmosphere
- More successful breastfeeding
- Increased number of breastfeeding mothers
- Improved patient satisfaction
- Improved nursing and medical staff communications