Tips for Exercise Success
Whats the best exercise for me? Find an exercise that you enjoy and will do consistency and that’s the best exercise for you, at least to start. As exercise becomes a daily habit, you may want to refine your routine to work on different muscles groups or just look for more variety.
When is the best time to exercise? Whenever it fits into your schedule. Most people today are busy and they often don’t schedule in daily exercise. It’s important for your health. Schedule it!
Tips for successful exercise!
- Slow and steady wins the race. Don't risk injury by pushing yourself too hard too quickly. If you haven’t exercised for awhile, Start with low to moderate level activities and gradually increase the duration and intensity of your workouts as you become more fit. Walking might be a good one for you.
- Several short sessions daily work. If you can’t fit in an hour to exercise, break in into smaller pieces that add up to an hour.
- Choose activities that are fun. Exercise doesn't have to be a chore and the more fun it is, the more likely you are to stick with it.
- Find a Friend. The buddy system works well for keeping you on your exercise program.
- Move with the family. Get your whole family out for a walk. It’s good for you at any age.
- Steps work. Small choices in your day will make a difference in your weight loss efforts. Take the steps instead of the elevator. Park in the farthest spot at work or while shopping. Stand while talking on the phone. All these burn more calories!
- Keep records. Keep track of your exercise and see if you are meeting your goals. Tracking you food intake and weight also helps monitor your progress.
- Make it a lifestyle! Short-term diets and fitness kicks don't work. Lifestyle changes that become part of your normal routine are important for long-term success.