Scott & White Wellness & Sexual Health
2401 S. 31st Street
Temple, Texas 76508
Scott & White Wellness & Sexual Health Program empowers teens with information necessary to develop healthy habits and relationships. Developed by Patricia J. Sulak, MD, the program has helped thousands of students, parents and communities engage in honest, open, fact-based communication about adolescent wellness and sexual health.
Teen Health Month - April 2013
Healthcare providers, educators and parents are coming together for the April 2013 Adolescent Wellness & Sexual Health conference in Temple, Texas. This motivating and informative event will address teen health risk behaviors with the most current statistics and health promotion strategies as presented by experts in their fields.
For teachers who provide sex education to students, a one-day training session is provided twice a year, typically in January and September. The event includes medical information, teaching strategies and demonstrations of engaging classroom activities to enhance effective delivery of the Scott & White sex education curriculum. Schools not using the curriculum are also encouraged to attend, as the information will enhance teacher knowledge and skills for all adolescent sex education and wellness programs. New risk behavior avoidance teaching strategies and discussion of available resources specific to registrants’ communities will be provided.
Previously known as Scott & White Worth the Wait, the program continues with the all-inclusive, data-driven curriculum founded on the medical, legal, psychological and socioeconomic information regarding adolescent health risk behaviors. Based on the probable consequences of adolescent risk behaviors, the safest and healthiest choice for teens is to promote risk avoidance by establishing healthy habits and relationships. The in-school intervention program is offered for middle and high school students, with components for parents, healthcare providers and the community.
- Medically accurate with up-to-date information
- User-friendly curriculum with entirely scripted narratives, handouts, student-driven activities, teacher training events and on-going customer support
- Promotes avoidance of health risk behaviors; all levels of the curriculum include the CDC Youth Risk Behaviors
- Written by a board-certified obstetrician/gynecologist and implemented by a major academic medical institute, Scott & White Healthcare, Texas A&M College of Medicine
- Supportive research published in the American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology demonstrating an increased knowledge and shift in attitude toward delaying sexual activity in a study of more than 24,000 middle school students
- Parent/guardian participation interaction worksheets and handouts
- Continuous research with pre- and post-curriculum student surveys
- Educational materials for healthcare professionals for use in clinic or community education settings
- A leading education source for healthcare professionals and health educators with frequent continuing education conferences throughout the year
- The most trusted name in sex education, used by more Texas school districts than any other curriculum, and a leading education source for other sex education programs