Bear Care Program
Baylor Scott & White Medical Center - Hillcrest
- Contact Us
There is nothing to sign, no need to enroll. Bear Care Program is simply here, waiting to serve at Baylor Scott & White Hillcrest Medical Center in Waco, Texas.
For more information or to use the "Bear Care Hotline," please call 254-202-9202.
When a son or daughter leaves home for Baylor University, you wait for the happy calls, the jubilant emails and even the tearful homesick messages. There’s one call, though, that you dread. When your college student is seriously ill or injured, there’s nothing more stressful than the moment you realize you are not there with immediate comfort and counsel. Because of strict national privacy laws, communication funneled out of hospitals is necessarily limited and sometimes slow.
Baylor University and Baylor Scott & White Medical Center - Hillcrest developed Bear Care Program in 2009 in response to the ever-increasing number of out-of-area family members of Baylor students. With the Bear Care Program, navigating the healthcare system during emergency situations helps to reduce a parent's anxiety during what can be frightening circumstances.
If the occasion requires, Baylor students, families and staff can rest assured that there is a Baylor Scott & White - Hillcrest Bear Care Associate ready and available to:
- Reach parents as quickly as possible, staying in touch regarding conditions and procedures,
- Act as liaison for your Baylor student, 24 hours a day
- Inform university staff (with student's permission) of his or her whereabouts
- Assist in making travel arrangements when needed
- Partner with Baylor to provide various levels of support for students and their families