Scott & White Helping Hands Volunteer Program
Baylor Scott & White Health Helping Hands is a volunteer program for anyone passionate about healthcare or simply interested in giving back to their community. Healthcare is all about people and the experience we create for our patients. People who love serving others or are interested in joining the healthcare field would be a great fit for this volunteer opportunity. While volunteers don't have direct patient healthcare contact, the program gives an extensive overview of what Baylor Scott & White does every day.
How to Become a Volunteer
Volunteer opportunities are available through Baylor Scott & White in College Station and fit individual time schedules, abilities and interests.
- Lobby assistance - gift shop, lobby area maintenance and concierge services
- Patient assistance - visit with patients, escort patients/visitors and provide wheelchairs and wheelchair transport for patients
- Department assistance - joint replacement therapy, maintain organization in waiting area and non-patient care tasks
Minimum hour requirements
- Adult volunteers - a minimum of four hours each week for six months
- College student volunteers - a minimum of four hours each week for one semester *
- Junior volunteers - a minimum of four hours each week for six week periods—only offered beginning in June * (Junior volunteers must be 15 years old by June 1)
*Junior and College applications for the summer and fall 2016 are no longer available. College applications for the spring 2017 will be available on November 1.
- Complete a volunteer application form:
Adult volunteer application
- Complete a confidentiality form
- Take a free two-step TB skin test
- Complete a health screening
- Attend an orientation
- Receive training for assigned area of service