Scott & White Helping Hands Volunteer Program
- Contact Us
Discover how you can lend your hand and share your heart.
You may submit your completed application by fax at 979-691-3391 or by mail:
c/o Kendall Parker
1600 University Drive East
College Station, TX 77840
Scott & White Helping Hands is a volunteer program for anyone passionate about healthcare or simply interested in giving back to their comminuty. Healthcare is all about people and the experience we create for our patients. People who love serving others or are interested in joining the healthcare field would be a great fit for this volunteer opportunity. While volunteers don't have direct patient healthcare contact, the program gives an extensive overview of what Scott & White does every day.
How to Become a Volunteer
Volunteer opportunities are available through Scott & White in College Station and fit individual time schedules, abilities and interests.
- Lobby assistance - gift shop, lobby area maintenance, concierge service and golf cart parking lot transportation
- Patient assistance - visit with patients, deliver meals, escort patients/visitors and provide wheelchairs for patients
- Department assistance - joint replacement therapy, rock infants in nursery, maintain organization in waiting area and non-patient care tasks
Minimum hour requirements
- Adult volunteers - a minimum of four hours each week for six months
- College student volunteers - a minimum of four hours each week for one semester *
- Junior volunteers - a minimum of four hours each week for six week periods — only offered beginning in June *
*Applications for college student and junior volunteers are currently being accepted.
- Complete a volunteer application form:
Adult volunteer application
College student/junior volunteer application
- Complete a confidentiality form
- Take a free TB skin test
- Attend an orientation
- Receive training for assigned area of service