Robot-Assisted Prostate Surgery: Before Your Surgery
We will schedule your surgery date as well as the following preoperative appointments. To reschedule appointments or for any questions, please contact us at 254-724-2592.
- You will receive an appointment with the Anesthesia Assessment Unit (AAU) located at Desk 1D (walk into lab and turn right). They will typically also review your medication list and instruct you which medications you may take the night before surgery or the morning on the day of surgery. You must bring your films with you (CT or MRI) the day of surgery if you have not left them with your doctor.
- You will also receive an appointment with the Admissions Office located in the center of the clinic lobby. You will need to provide your name, address, phone number, insurance information and next of kin/emergency contacts.
- You will receive an appointment with your Primary Care Physician and a letter of explanation in order to have the following pre-operative evaluation and tests done prior to surgery. They may also order additional tests prior to surgery, if indicated. Please ask that they fax a copy of their evaluation and test results to us at 254-724-0218.
The following tests will be done prior to your surgery:
- CBC (complete blood count)
- CMP (blood chemistry)
- PT/PTT (coagulation studies)
- EKG (electrocardiogram)