Efforts to Improve Quality
Quality Initiatives We're Pursuing
Scott & White is pursuing quality initiatives beyond heart attack, pneumonia, and heart failure. We feel these initiatives are important for our patients because some factors are hard to measure.
As we work on these improvements, we also continue to strive to reduce the waste in the care we provide. We want to give the highest level of care possible for the lowest cost.
We encourage you to visit us so you can see for yourself. The friendly hello, the comfortable patient room, the dedicated doctors are all part of the Scott & White experience.
In addition to our overall culture, we are pursuing the following quality initiatives:
- Reducing readmissions
- Improving the transition from the hospital back to home
- Reducing the incidence of ventilator associated pneumonia
- Reducing the incidence of catheter associated urinary tract infections
- Reducing the incidence of catheter associated bloodstream infections
- Reducing unnecessary radiation from procedures
- Improving patient flow through the emergency room
- Excellence in stroke care
- Excellence in chest pain care
- Excellence in palliative care services