Scott & White's Commitment to You
When Arthur C. Scott, MD, and Raleigh R. White Jr., MD, began their medical practice in Temple, Texas in 1897, they shared one fundamental conviction: medicine must serve the people.
What developed from this vision is a fully integrated, non-profit collaborative health system. This means our 12 hospitals and hospital partners, numerous facilities and more than 60 clinics all work under the trusted name of Scott & White Healthcare.
How does this serve you? We believe our integration enhances seamless collaboration. From your trip to the doctor to your advanced surgery, we are with you every step of the way. Your medical records stay under the same trusted name, and each one of our 13,000 employees understands that with Scott & White, you come first.
We see thousands of patients, each with their own reasons for trusting Scott & White Healthcare. With residents spanning across 29,000-square-miles of Central Texas, there are many locations serving you right in your own neighborhood.
Being the largest multi-specialty practice in Texas and one of the nation’s largest multi-specialty group practice systems, is just one way we take an innovative approach to your care.
How Scott & White Healthcare Focuses on Patients to Improve Quality and Safety
Scott & White is unique among medical providers in its focus on patient care at every level. We believe this model will ensure you as the patient receive the highest level of quality care.
Some of the ways we serve our patients and improve the quality of our care:
- Scott & White is led and managed by physicians who place patient- and family-centered care above all else. Because our physicians are part of a multi-disciplinary group practice, they share a tradition of caring for patients with complex illnesses, combining their expertise in a wide range of medical disciplines to determine the most effective treatments.
- Our health-system model allows Scott & White to make quality and safety changes that reward efficiency throughout our system.
- Scott & White Hospital – Temple is the only Level 1 Trauma Center between Dallas and Austin.
- We are trusted for our high-intensity care and treat life-threatening conditions with strict safety measures.
- We invest heavily in research and education— with more than 40,000-square–feet of bench research space
- Our commitment ensures patients have access to the latest treatment protocols and clinical trials.
- Scott & White is associated with Texas’s first Health and Bioscience District, which includes high school and college student-training programs in the fields of health and science.
- Scott & White employs more than 13,000 employees, 900 physicians and scientists, and is the primary clinical teaching facility to approximately 400 medical residents and fellows in training at the Texas A&M Health Science Center College of Medicine.
- All understand that Scott & White Healthcare holds a high level of quality and service to patients.