The Division of Occupational Therapy at Scott & White Healthcare assists patients in managing the challenges of everyday life.
Our licensed occupational therapists use occupation-based, patient-centered treatments to develop, recover, or maintain your:
- Activities of daily living
- Work-related skills
Occupational therapy services are designed to help you:
- Participate more fully in work, family and social settings
- Recover from injury or disability
- Develop or regain skills
In our ultra-modern Bone & Joint facility, you’ll receive first-rate care, including:
- Individualized physical and cognitive assessment and goal setting
- A personalized intervention plan custom-designed to improve your ability to perform daily tasks and work-related skills
- Ongoing re-evaluation and follow-up to ensure you’re making progress
Our therapists work with patients across a wide range of ages and physical, neurological or developmental conditions.
Some of the diagnoses we work with:
- Brachialplexus injuries
- Cerebral palsy
- Complex shoulder injuries
- Crush injuries
- Essential tremors
- Generalized UE weakness
- Orthopedic injuries
- Pain management
- Parkinson’s disease
- Peripheral nerve injuries
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Spinal cord injuries
- Sports injuries
Why Choose Scott & White?
In our new state-of-the-art Bone & Joint facility, occupational therapists at Scott & White work in close proximity and immediate consult with our senior staff physicians. You’ll receive expert care during all stages of your therapy.
In the long-standing Scott & White tradition, our occupational therapists provide you with compassionate, personalized care as you regain confidence, skill and ability in handling your everyday environment.
We do a lot of specialty work here — upper-extremity rehab, range of motion exercises, functional activities — for a wide variety of orthopedic problems. In everything we do, we cater the exercises and the treatment to the individual patient.
— Jaime Ortiz, Lead Occupational Therapist