- 2013-01-10 -
Providers form 106 new Accountable Care Organizations
- The Scott & White Healthcare Walgreens Well Network has been selected as one of 106 new Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs) in Medicare, ensuring as many as 4 million Medicare beneficiaries across the United States now have access to high-quality, coordinated care, Health and Human Services (HHS) Secretary
- 2013-01-07 -
Miracle Match Marathon set for January 27 in Waco
- Registration continues for the tenth annual Miracle Match Marathon, sponsored by the Waco Professional Fire Fighters Association.
- 2012-12-24 -
Hurd Regional Medical Center to offer cancer services
- As construction of the Scott & White Specialty Clinic - Marble Falls at the Hurd Regional Medical Center continues with an anticipated opening of June 2013, Scott & White has announced it is bringing cancer services to the facility in a phased rollout.
- 2012-12-14 -
Baylor, Scott & White sign agreement of intent
- The boards of Baylor Health Care System and Scott & White Healthcare have approved the signing of an agreement of intent to combine the strengths of their two health systems to create a $7.7 billion organization with the vision and resources to offer its patients continued exceptional care while creating a m
- 2012-12-10 -
Chief Information Officer achieves certification
- Matthew Chambers, Chief Information Officer for Scott & White Healthcare, has achieved professional certification from the College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME).
- 2012-11-28 -
VeinViewer makes veins visible at McLane Children's
- McLane Children's Hospital Scott & White recently started using the VeinViewer , medical technology that helps nurses and doctors
- 2012-11-20 -
South Texas couple gives $6 million
- Retired South Texas banker Glen E. Roney, and his wife Rita K., have made a $6 million gift to the Scott & White Healthcare Foundation. This substantial and generous gift will enhance the capabilities of the Scott & White Bone and Joint Institute, currently under construction on the Temple campus.
- 2012-11-19 -
Temple Hospital receives Consumer Choice Award
- National Research Corporation (NRC) has listed Scott & White Hospital - Temple as one of the nation's 2012/2013 top hospitals Consumer Choice Award winners. The award identifies hospitals that health care consumers have chosen as having the highest quality and image in over 300 markets throughout the U.S.
- 2012-11-16 -
S&W receives $25, 000 from Waco Foundation
- The Scott & White Healthcare Foundation has been awarded a grant of $25,000 by the Masterson Fund of the Waco Foundation to the campaign for the new Scott & White Cancer Center Hillcrest in Waco.
- 2012-11-16 -
S&W to implement tobacco free hiring policy
- Scott & White Healthcare Bell County's largest non-government employer announced today it will require new hires to be tobacco-free starting January 1, 2013, a move in step with other national health care leaders, including Baylor Health Care System and Cleveland Clinic.
- 2012-11-13 -
S&W breaking ground for new clinic in Belton
- Scott & White Healthcare is building a new family medicine clinic in Belton near the corner of Loop 121 and Powell Avenue, near U.S. Hwy 190. The new 14,390 square-foot clinic is expected to be open by summer 2013.
- 2012-11-07 -
Building pediatric clinic in Belton
- McLane Children s Scott & White broke ground today for a pediatric clinic building at 1009 Arbor park Drive in Belton, adjacent to the access road for West U.S. 190.
- 2012-11-02 -
Exterior reconstruction slated for bed tower
- Scott & White Memorial Hospital in Temple will begin reconstruction of the exterior of its main facility, the Center for Advanced Medicine (CAM), in early 2013.
- 2012-10-17 -
Update regarding steroid pain medication
- In early October, Scott & White Healthcare was made aware that certain batches of a medication made by New England Compounding Center (NECC) used across the country in managing joint pain may cause fungal infection after injection. At that time, all medication from this manufacturer was removed from Scott &
- 2012-10-15 -
S&W Health Plan is Texas and Regional Leader
- Scott & White Health Plan leads all health plans in Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama in national rankings for Medicare HMO products and private health insurance.
- 2012-10-11 -
Scott & White, Walmart join forces
- A unique partnership between Scott & White Healthcare and Walmart will take the Central Texas health care system into new territory, marking its first formal relationship with an international retailer for the purpose of providing health care.
- 2012-10-05 -
Notice regarding steroid pain medication
- Scott & White Healthcare has been made aware that certain batches of a medication used across the country in managing joint pain may cause meningitis after spinal epidural injection. The medication methylprednisolone acetate is a steroid injection used for chronic pain. There have been no reported cases
- 2012-09-20 -
SW Celebrates Fundraising Committee Leadership
- Momentum continues to build around the campaign for the Wayne & Eileen Hurd Regional Medical Center, much in part to the visionary leadership and dedication of the capital campaign steering committee.
- 2012-09-19 -
S&W Round Rock Hospital Recognized by The Joint Commission
- Scott & White Hospital-Round Rock today was named one of the nation's Top Performers on Key Quality Measures by The Joint Commission.
- 2012-09-18 -
Sleep Institute Re-Accredited by AASM
- The Scott & White Sleep Institute has been re-accredited by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM).