- 2013-11-13 -
S&W to open new Round Rock primary care clinic
- On November 25, Scott & White Healthcare will open a brand new primary care clinic at 1800 South AW Grimes Boulevard, Round Rock, TX 78664-7424 located at the intersection of Gattis School Road and AW Grimes in Round Rock.
- 2013-11-08 -
Round Rock hospital to promote GERD Awareness
- The Heartburn and Acid Reflux Center at Scott & White Hospital - Round Rock has joined forces with communities across the U.S. to improve public awareness regarding diagnosis and treatment, as well as the health risks associated with Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- 2013-11-07 -
Scott & White celebrates transplant milestone
- Scott & White Memorial Hospital conducted a kidney transplant on its 500th patient on Friday, October 18, marking a major milestone for the kidney/pancreas transplant program.
- 2013-11-04 -
Pat Currie becomes President and COO
- Pat Currie has been named president and chief operating officer (COO) of Baylor Scott & White Health Central Texas, a division of Baylor Scott & White Health.
- 2013-11-01 -
Brenham hospital earns Top Performer recognition
- Scott & White Hospital - Brenham, a part of Baylor Scott & White Health, has been named Top Performer on Key Quality Measures by The Joint Commission, the leading accreditor of health care organizations in America.
- 2013-10-28 -
S&W announces a new clinic location
- Scott & White Healthcare officially announces plans to relocate its Killeen West Clinic. The new 14,771 square-foot clinic, located at 4501 Clear Creek Road, will be built to increase clinic capacity to meet the primary care needs to support the growing population.
- 2013-10-23 -
S&W breaks ground on new clinic in Copperas Cove
- Scott & White Healthcare announced plans to build a clinic in Copperas Cove during a groundbreaking ceremony today with city officials. The new 14,973 square-foot clinic, to be located at 239 W. Hwy 190, will be the first Scott & White Clinic in the city.
- 2013-09-30 -
Baylor and Scott & White complete merger
- The governing boards of Baylor Health Care System and Scott & White Healthcare announced today the completion of the merger of the two health systems to form the largest not-for-profit health system in the state of Texas.
- 2013-09-23 -
$2 million fellowship named after S&W doctor
- Scott & White physician, Donald E. Wesson, MD, was honored by the American Society of Nephrology (ASN) for his work in education and research by having a $2 million philanthropically funded research fellowship named after him,
- 2013-09-20 -
S&W hosts lecturer on migraines
- Scott & White Healthcare welcomed renowned researcher and current President of the American Headache Society, Elizabeth Loder, MD, during a lecture on the most disabling neurological disorder, migraines.
- 2013-09-19 -
McLane Children's launches new helicopter
- The children s transport program at McLane Children's Scott & White has added an air ambulance to its assets. The new helicopter went into service today, making another layer of critical care transportation available when children are sick or injured and need to be brought to McLane Children's.
- 2013-09-19 -
S&W to open multispeciality clinic in Cedar Park
- In Spring 2014, Scott & White Healthcare plans to open a multi-specialty physician clinic next to its Cedar Park Emergency Medical Center off Hwy 1431. The two-story clinic will be over 37,000-square-feet and house primary care physicians, medical specialists, physical therapists and expanded radiology servi
- 2013-09-18 -
S&W urology patients receive new therapy
- The Department of Urology at Scott & White Memorial Hospital in Temple became the first urology specialists in the U.S., and in Texas, to use a new Food and Drug Administration (FDA)-approved pain control technology for urology patients.
- 2013-09-09 -
Round Rock welcomes new pediatric medical director
- Today Scott & White Healthcare-Round Rock welcomes Bradley R. Berg, M.D., Ph.D, FAAP, FACPE, as the Medical Director for General Pediatrics.
- 2013-09-06 -
S&W welcomes the EMTF-7 AMBUS
- Scott & White Healthcare welcomed the Emergency Medical Task Force Region 7 (EMTF-7( Ambulance Bus (AMBUS) to its McLane Children's and Memorial Hospital campuses for the first time today. This valuable asset is assigned to the Central Texas area, however, it can be used across the state for incidents, such
- 2013-09-06 -
S&W transforming how it delivers care
- Scott & White Healthcare is transforming the way it delivers care to patients as part of a new electronic medical record system. This includes a new patient portal allowing Scott & White patients to go online, schedule appointments, obtain lab results, communicate with doctors, order prescription refills and
- 2013-09-04 -
S&W holds auction for Be The Match Registry
- Scott & White Marrow Donor Program will host its first online auction from September 18 to October 2 in an effort to raise funds to help find a cure for life-threatening blood cancers, such as leukemia and lymphoma.
- 2013-08-29 -
Scott & White opens clinic in Johnson City
- Scott & White Healthcare today re-opened the Ramsey Clinic in Johnson City.
- 2013-08-29 -
S&W receives grant for prostate cancer research
- The Department of Urology at Scott & White Memorial Hospital in Temple, in collaboration with Twin Star Medical, Inc., and Therataxis, Inc., received a grant for more than $1 million from the National Institutes of Health (NIH) to research an alternative delivery system to treat prostate cancer.
- 2013-08-27 -
Scott & White BCS Marathon route unveiled
- Scott & White BCS Marathon organizers announced the new course route for the 2013 race. The event is scheduled for Sunday, December 8, and is expected to attract close to 4,000 participants in either the full or half marathon.