Scott & White Healthcare completes expansion of its Round Rock Hospital
- Additional capacity in operating rooms, emergency department and intensive care unit accommodates growing patient needs -
ROUND ROCK, Texas – Scott & White Healthcare – Round Rock has completed its 58,000-square-foot hospital expansion at 300 University Boulevard. The project included the addition of 26 hospital beds, which are a combination of ICU and general medical/surgical beds, four new operating rooms (increasing to a total of nine), an endoscopy suite (resulting in a total of three suites), and expanding its emergency department beds from 11 to 19. The project also included renovating an additional 14,000- square feet in other support service space and conference/education meeting rooms. Future campus plans include the addition of another patient bed tower and medical office building.
"Demand for Scott & White services in Williamson and North Travis counties continues to grow. This expansion was anticipated in the original design of the facility," said Ernie Bovio, CEO of Scott & White Healthcare- Round Rock Region. "There is tremendous demand for medical services in this area, and the rapid growth and success of our primary care physicians throughout the region is driving more patients than expected to our specialty clinic and hospital. Having the additional capacity in the operating rooms, ICU, and emergency department will allow us to better accommodate the needs of our patients," said Bovio.
"We anticipated this first phase expansion to be complete within five years of opening the hospital and our Round Rock hospital celebrates its fifth year anniversary this summer," said Bovio. "We plan to expand Scott & White’s presence in the community by recruiting additional primary care and specialty physicians which requires more medical office space and clinic locations throughout the region we serve. The ultimate goal of our expansion efforts is to meet the growing demand for our services and to create a healthier community."
Scott & White Hospital – Round Rock’s expansion project will also allow for the development of a cardiovascular (heart) surgery program as well as other medical and surgical specialties and sub-specialties. Scott & White Hospital – Round Rock recently received recognition as the first hospital in the nation to receive the Mission Lifeline Accreditation from the American Heart Association as a Heart Attack Receiving Center.
Scott & White Healthcare’s Round Rock hospital and regional clinics have grown to include more than 120 primary care physicians and specialists practicing throughout 12 regional clinics in Williamson and North Travis counties serving residents of Cedar Park, Pflugerville, Burnet, Taylor, Leander, Hutto, North Austin, Georgetown, and Round Rock.
Hospital services currently offered at Scott & White Hospital – Round Rock include:
- heart and vascular services: diagnostic, therapeutic procedures for managing heart/vascular health
- 24-hour emergency department
- orthopedic services: services relating to disorders and injuries of the bone, spine, joints and muscles
- diagnostic imaging and testing: 64-slice CT, Open MRI, and diagnostic testing
- comprehensive women’s services: high-risk obstetrical care, cancer screening, minimally-invasive gynecologic procedures
- children’s services: preventive services for children with subspecialty care, including pediatric endocrinology, cardiopulmonary, infectious diseases, and gastrointestinal disorders
- therapy services: sports medicine, physical therapy, occupational and hand therapy, speech pathology
For more information, contact:
- Katherine Voss
Media and Public Relations
Scott & White Healthcare
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
April 9, 2012