The Department of Neurosurgery at Scott & White provides a full-spectrum of neurosurgical care to the Central Texas community.
As a component of the Texas A&M University Health Science Center College of Medicine, the department is the only academic neurosurgical practice in Central Texas. The department is committed to providing our patients professional care with a personal touch throughout the Scott & White system, including our hospital and clinics in Temple, Round Rock and our clinics in Waco and Bryan/College Station.
What is a Neurosurgeon?
A neurosurgeon is a doctor who provides consultations, diagnoses and treatments for patients with diseases and injury of the brain and spinal cord, peripheral nerves, the blood supply and supportive structures of these areas.
- A neurosurgery residency program offered through Texas A&M University College of Medicine
- A subspecialty neurosurgical practice which is on the cutting edge of medicine
- The Scott & White Center for Minimally Invasive Neurosurgery (Brain and Spine), based both at Scott & White Hospital - Round Rock and Scott & White Memorial Hospital - Temple
- The Movement Disorders Center (nationally acclaimed center for the diagnosis and treatment of Parkinson's disease, essential tremor, dystonia, spasticity and other disorders)
- The Scott & White Epilepsy Monitoring Unit (comprehensive epilepsy diagnosis and treatment)
Conditions We Treat
- Spinal Diseases - minimally invasive endoscopic spine surgery, degenerative disc disease, spinal instrumentation, spinal tumors and other disorders
- Movement Disorders - Parkinson's disease, essential tremor, dystonia, Tourette's disorder, cerebral palsy, spasticity and other disorders
- Brain Tumors - treatments for all tumors of brain and its coverings, including minimally invasive endoscopic pituitary tumor surgery and neuroendoscopic neurosurgery
- Peripheral nerve disorders - carpel tunnel syndrome, tarsal tunnel syndrome, ulnar nerve disorders, peripheral nerve tumors and other disorders
- Stereotactic radio surgery - brain and spinal tumors, trigeminal neuralgia and other disorders
- Cerebrovascular diseases - endovascular and open operations for aneurysms, arteriovenous malformations of the brain and spine, stroke re-vascularization and other disorders
- Advanced surgical treatment of pain disorders
- Psychiatric disorders - major depressive disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder and other disorders
- Trauma - central and peripheral nervous system injuries
- Pain Disorders
Pediatric Neurosurgery Specialists Also Available