The department is comprised of a team of Neurologists who are committed to providing the highest level of patient care while using the latest research and technology to assist patients with neurological disorders. Our physicians are all associate professors with Texas A&M Health Science Center and assist with the teaching and education of numerous medical students.
Diagnostic and consultative services for patients with:
- Dementia / Memory disorders
- Headaches and migraines
- Movement disorders
- Neuromuscular disorders
- We have been recognized by the American Stroke Association and US News and World Reports as being a nationally-recognized Stroke Center and achieving the Initial Performance Achievement Award Status
- Movement Disorders Center is a designated National Parkinson Foundation Care Center, offering patients comprehensive care utilizing an interdiscplinary team approach
- Community outreach programs are offered, helping patients and caregivers learn more about the disease and potential treatments
- Several therapies offered, including physical, music, speech and occupational
- Epliepsy Monitoring Unit
The Neurology Department also has a diagnostic lab that performs electroencephalogram (EEG), video and ambulatory EEG, electromyography (EMG), deep brain stimulation and nerve conduction studies (NCV), evoked potential and tilt table testing. Our lab technicians perform hundreds of tests each month to help our physicians diagnose neurological disorders.
Appointments & Referrals
Neurology is a referral only specialty. Your primary care physician needs to see you and request a consultation from one of Scott & White's neurologists. If you are a referring physician, visit our physician referral website.