Nephrologists specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of kidney diseases, bone metabolism disorders, derangement of body chemisty and diagnosis and therapy of severe or complicated high blood pressure (hypertension).
The Scott & White nephrology clinic offers a wide range of medical services and highly skilled expertise. Scott & White nephrologists are board certified in nephrology by the American Board of Internal Medicine and experienced in Renal Biopsy.
A wide range of disease states can be treated through the Division of Nephrology, including rare conditions, such as:
Scott & White nephrologists frequently provide expertise, second opinions and referrals to physicians outside the Scott & White healthcare system. Full-service nephrology consultations are provided promptly with complete cooperation and communication with referring physicians. Scott & White’s extensive diagnostic services are conveniently located at the main clinic in Temple.
Common Renal Diseases Diagnosed and Treated
Nephrology Renal Biopsy
- Biopsies are guided and directed by ultrasound
- Tissue samples are viewed by a nephrologist and pathologist
Our hospital service provides care for dialysis and clinic patients who require hospitalization. We offer a full range of hospital consultative nephrology for Scott & White.
- Acute dialysis units
- Citrate anti-coagulation for a no-heparin dialysis
- Dedicated acute dialysis nurses
- Hemofiltration for drug overdose
- Continuous arterio-venous Hemofiltration (CAVH) for acute renal failure
- Continuous veno-venous hemofiltration for kidney dysfunction accompanied by low blood pressure
- 24-hour availability for consultation and dialysis
Transplant services can aid in returning you to your normal life.