Scott & White Intensive Care Units
Cardiac Intensive Care Unit (CICU) Caring for critically ill heart patients who do not require surgical intervention - heart attack, severe high blood pressure, irregular heart rhythm.
|Location:||South Tower, 2nd Floor|
|Phone:||Rooms 239-246 254-724-2221|
Cardiothoracic Intensive Care Unit (CTICU) Caring for patients with cardiac and pulmonary diseases that require surgical treatments.
|Location:||North Tower, 2nd Floor|
|Phone:||Rooms 223-234, 241 & 242 254-724-2373
Surgical Trauma Intensive Care Unit (STICU) Caring for surgical patients and accident victims with severe illness requiring life support.
North Tower, 2nd Floor
Rooms 220-210 254-724-4553
Rooms 211-222 254-724-4548
Medical Intensive Care Unit (MICU) Caring for patients with severe medical illnesses ranging from diabetic crisis to seizures to pneumonias. Patients in the MICU may need various forms of advanced life support that can only be provided under close monitoring.
South Tower, 2nd Floor
Rooms 235-246 254-724-2221
Rooms 247-258 254-724-2929
Rooms 259-269 254-724-4564
Designated Family Member
We request that one family member be designated to contact and receive patient information. The designated family member will be provided a pass code which is required to receive information on the patient. The designated family member then can pass on information to other family members and ensure consistency of information received.
If there is a change in the patient's condition, we'll notify the designated family member, regardless of the time of day.
Please ask other family members and friends not to call the unit. They may call the patient when the patient has progressed to a less intensive level of care. Your cooperation is appreciated and will allow our critical care nurses and medical providers to spend more time with your loved one.
- Visiting is allowed daily, 24 hours.
- Please call prior to entering the units. An intercom is located at each unit's entrance. Please know that you may be asked to leave the unit based on procedures, events, changes in the environment or a patient's need to rest. We ask that you call prior to returning to the unit to visit if you have been asked to step out.
- Children under the age of 14 are not permitted to minimize the transmission of infection to both patients and children.
- If a patient is at risk of an infectious disease, they will be in patient isolation. Please follow all physician recommendations and wash your hands when entering and exiting the room.
- To decrease the risk of infection, flowers and live plants are not allowed.
- We ask that you respect all of our patients' privacy and remain in the patient's room while visiting.
- We ask that visitors be limited to two at a time to decrease stimulation of the patients and allow more workspace for our healthcare team to tend to your family member's needs. We ask that requests for linen be limited due to the needs of our patients.
Each patient's care is carefully planned to meet the individual medical and nursing needs. Our guidelines are designed to help our patients receive rest and care during their stay. The family plays an important role to a patient's adjustment and progress. Because of this, we encourage you to rest and eat adequately.
McLane Dining Room Hours
|Breakfast||6:30am - 10am|
|Lunch||11am - 2pm|
|Dinner||4:30pm - 8pm|
|Midnight||1:30am - 3:30am|
|Salad Bar and Pizzas||11:30am - 8pm|
Hilton Garden Inn Guest rooms, dining room, room service, pool, club room, boutique and free shuttle. Located west of the hospital, across 31st Street at 1749 Scott Boulevard, Temple, 254-773-0200.