This medicine treats bleeding from your esophagus, which is the tube going from the mouth to the stomach.
EthamolinThere may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:You should not use this medicine if you have an allergy to ethanolamine, oleic acid, or ethanolamine oleate.
How to Use This Medicine:
- Your doctor will prescribe your exact dose and tell you how often it should be given. This medicine is given through a needle placed in one of your veins.
- A nurse or other trained health professional will give you this medicine.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breast feeding.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you have heart disease or lung disease. Tell your doctor if you have liver disease.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they get worse, call your doctor.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
- Bloody vomit, coughing up blood, or bloody stools.
- Fever, chills, sore throat, or body aches.
- Trouble breathing, coughing, chest tightness, or chest pain.
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Decrease in how much or how often you urinate.
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
The information provided herein should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition. A licensed medical professional should be consulted for diagnosis and treatment of any and all medical conditions. Call 911 for all medical emergencies. Links to other sites are provided for information only -- they do not constitute endorsements of those other sites.
Copyright 1984- Thomson Micromedex. All rights reserved.