Prevents and treats lung disease (respiratory distress syndrome) in premature infants.
InfasurfThere may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:Your child's doctor will decide if there is any reason your child should not use this medicine.
How to Use This Medicine:
- A nurse or other trained health professional will give this medicine to your child in the hospital.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- Tell your doctor if your child develops blue lips, slow heart beat, trouble breathing.
- Tell your doctor if your child develops seizures.
- Your doctor will need to check the progress of your child while he or she is receiving this medicine.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Bluish-colored lips, slow heartbeat.
- Trouble breathing.
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
The information provided herein should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition. A licensed medical professional should be consulted for diagnosis and treatment of any and all medical conditions. Call 911 for all medical emergencies. Links to other sites are provided for information only -- they do not constitute endorsements of those other sites.
Copyright 1984- Thomson Micromedex. All rights reserved.