Dolasetron (By mouth)
Prevents nausea and vomiting that may happen with chemotherapy or surgery.
AnzemetThere may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to dolasetron.
How to Use This Medicine:
- Your doctor will tell you how much of this medicine to use and when to use it.
- Do not take more medicine or take it more often than your doctor tells you to.
How to Store and Dispose of This Medicine:
- Store at room temperature in a closed container, away from heat, moisture, and direct light.
- Keep this and all medicine out of the reach of children.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are also taking diuretics (water pills), Tagamet, rifampin (Rifadin, Rifamate), or drugs to treat heart rhythm problems.
- Make sure your doctor knows about all cancer medicines you may be receiving, especially drugs like doxorubicin (Adriamycin) or daunorubicin (Cerubidine).
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, talk to your doctor before taking this medicine.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you have heart disease, especially heart rhythm problems. Also tell your doctor if you have low potassium or magnesium levels.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in face or hands, swelling or tingling in the mouth or throat, tightness in chest, trouble breathing
- Fast, slow, or irregular heartbeat
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
The information provided herein should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition. A licensed medical professional should be consulted for diagnosis and treatment of any and all medical conditions. Call 911 for all medical emergencies. Links to other sites are provided for information only -- they do not constitute endorsements of those other sites.
Copyright 1984- Thomson Micromedex. All rights reserved.