Event search results
You searched for:
- On or before:
- Include calendars: Support Groups
- Include locations: Taylor
- Search parameters: diabetes
WED DEC 1612PM - 1PMDiabetes Support Group - Quick, Easy and Low-Carb Desserts for the Holiday - Scott & White Hospital - Taylor, Education Room, 305 Mallard Lane, Taylor, TXJoin nutritionist Linda Callahan for a discussion on delicious, doable and diabetes-friendly holiday desserts.
ABOUT THIS SUPPORT GROUP
This support network for adults with type 1 and type 2 diabetes provides a time and a place for people coping with diabetes to give and receive support in dealing with a condition that can be demanding and challenging. Through group discussion and lectures from specialists, you can share your experiences, gain support and understanding, and improve your diabetes self-care. Scott & White's diabetes support group program can help you explore issues important to you and help you begin to make life changes.
Themes often discussed include:
- Setting realistic goals
- Coping with your body frame, food and exercise
- Decreasing anxiety about complications
- Reducing fears of low blood glucose
- Staying on track during times of stress
For more information, please call 512-352-7611.