Emotionally for the patient — and the doctors, too — it’s a better time now to get multiple myeloma. The treatment options and the prognosis are much more optimistic.
The outlook for remission for your myeloma is better now than ever. New approaches to chemotherapies, fuller understanding of drug interactions, better grasp of how cancer works on a molecular level — all of these empower your hematologist/oncologists to help bring about remission more quickly and safely.
Our Scott & White Myeloma Team has broad knowledge and experience in treating malignancies of the blood. Our physicians, nurses and support staff compassionately provide you the most advanced care available.
Comprehensive, Personalized Care
Sophisticated cancer care takes teamwork — the collaboration of a large group of specialists and subspecialists. That’s why at Scott & White you’ll have an Integrated Care Team dedicated to your care.
Your multidisciplinary team of diagnostic and interventional radiologists; surgical, radiation and medical oncologists — and many others — focuses on you and your care. And they do so in most cases in one location. Our physicians come to you.
Though you'll have a team of specialists and subspecialists overseeing your care, you'll have one lead physician. You'll know your doctor and your doctor will know you. Personalized care is the Scott & White way.
Your lead physician will take the time to listen to you and your concerns. The two of you will talk about your cancer and its effects on you and your loved ones.
In collaboration, your Integrated Care Team will meet to discuss your specific needs and determine the best treatment options for you to consider. Then your lead physician will talk with you about the team’s recommendations.
Together, you and your lead physician can then decide which treatment plan is right for you and your quality of life. You’ll receive an individualized treatment plan, customized just for you. Throughout your care at Scott & White, your team will meet regularly to discuss your care and revise your treatment plan based on your needs.
It’s all part of our mission to provide you with comprehensive, personalized care.
Proven Commitment to Excellence
Scott & White’s commitment to excellence in diagnosis, care and treatment is reflected in our ongoing efforts to provide a comprehensive, world-class Myeloma Program:
- Dedicated hematologist/oncologists with specialized training in your complex hematologic (blood) system
- Nationally recognized hematologist/oncologists offering the safest, most progressive and effective chemotherapy protocols
- On-site blood stem-cell transplant center, offering another alternative for cure
- Surgical oncologists at the forefront of minimally invasive surgical techniques that reduce your discomfort and speed your recovery process
- Nationally recognized radiation oncologists providing advanced forms of computer-guided radiation therapy that spares surrounding healthy tissue
- Outstanding imaging and pathology services
- Our diagnostic radiologists are nationally recognized in identifying tumors.
- Our board-certified hepatopathologists and cytogeneticists are highly skilled at classifying and staging blood cancers; they’re experts at detecting markers that assist your care team in planning your treatment.
- A multidisciplinary tumor board of blood cancer specialists who share and discuss difficult cases and formulate patient treatment plans together
- Vitally involved in research and ongoing clinical trials, working with the Scott & White Cancer Research Institute, enabling us to offer you the most advanced care and treatment options available
- Convenient regional locations that make it easier for you to receive treatment without giving up an entire day