Prostate Cancer Care
I don’t like to talk about prostate cancer as if it’s a disease, but I prefer to talk about prostate cancer as it affects you. Different people will want radiation or surgery — and there’s often not a right or wrong with that decision. It’s more what you’re comfortable with. But I think it’s important to talk to each you about your disease and how it affects you, because how it affects you and what your expectations are helps us to provide you with the best treatment.
Prostate cancer is the most common cancer in men. But with regular screening, early detection and the excellent clinical care available here at Scott & White, you have an optimal chance for recovery.
State-of-the-art care is our specialty. Our urologic surgical oncologists excel in minimally invasive procedures, especially robot-assisted operations. We also offer innovative nonsurgical therapies for the treatment of prostate cancer. At Scott & White, you’ll receive compassionate, highly skilled care throughout all stages of your prostate cancer.
Comprehensive, Personalized Care
Sophisticated cancer care takes teamwork — the collaboration of a large group of specialists and subspecialists. That’s why at Scott & White you’ll have an Integrated Care Team dedicated to your care.
Your multidisciplinary team of diagnostic and interventional radiologists, plus surgical, radiation and medical oncologists — and many others — focuses on you and your care. And they do so in most cases in one location. Our physicians come to you.
Though you'll have a team of specialists and subspecialists overseeing your care, you'll have one lead physician. You'll know your doctor and your doctor will know you. Personalized care is the Scott & White way.
Your lead physician will take the time to listen to you and your concerns. The two of you will talk about your cancer and its effects on you and your loved ones.
In collaboration, your Integrated Care Team will meet to discuss your specific needs and determine the best treatment options for you to consider. Then your lead physician will talk with you about the team’s recommendations.
Together, you and your lead physician can then decide which treatment plan is right for you and your quality of life. You’ll receive an individualized treatment plan, customized just for you. Throughout your care at Scott & White, your team will meet regularly to discuss your care and revise your treatment plan based on your needs.
It’s all part of our mission to provide you with comprehensive, personalized care.
Proven Commitment to Excellence
Scott & White’s commitment to excellence in diagnosis, care and treatment is reflected in our ongoing efforts to provide a comprehensive, world-class Prostate Cancer Program:
- Oncologists with advanced training in your complex genitourinary system
- Nationally recognized urologic surgical oncologists at the forefront of minimally invasive surgical techniques that reduce your discomfort and speed your recovery process
- Robot-assisted laparoscopic surgery
- Traditional laparoscopic surgery
- Nationally recognized radiation oncologists providing advanced forms of computer-guided radiation therapy that spares surrounding healthy tissue
- Nationally recognized medical oncologists offering the safest, most progressive and effective chemotherapy protocols
- Progressive approaches in radiation and chemotherapy that help preserve the functional capacity of your genitourinary system
- Outstanding imaging and pathology services
- Our diagnostic radiologists are nationally recognized in identifying tumors.
- Our board-certified pathologists are highly skilled at classifying and staging cancer; they’re experts at detecting markers that assist your care team in planning your treatment.
- A multidisciplinary tumor board of GU cancer specialists who share and discuss difficult cases and formulate patient treatment plans together
- Vitally involved in research and ongoing clinical trials, working with the Scott & White Cancer Research Institute, enabling us to offer you the most advanced care and treatment options available
- Convenient regional locations that make it easier for you to receive treatment without giving up an entire day