Kidney Cancer Care
More kidney cancers are being detected at an earlier stage, because more patients are undergoing imaging with tests like a CAT scan or MRI. Oftentimes, the kidney tumor is detected incidentally. The patient may be undergoing an MRI for back pain or a CT scan for abdominal pain, or they were in a car wreck, and a small tumor is identified in the kidney.
You may have been surprised to find out you have kidney cancer. Often, kidney cancer has no signs or symptoms. You may have gone to the clinic for one problem and left with a kidney cancer diagnosis.
Despite its stealth nature, kidney cancer can be dangerous. Our first-rate oncologists are well equipped to clinically manage your renal cell carcinoma.
You’ll receive state-of-the-art care here. Our urologic surgical oncologists specialize in minimally invasive procedures, including robot-assisted surgeries. And we offer innovative nonsurgical therapies for kidney cancer as well. At Scott & White, you’ll receive compassionate, highly skilled care throughout all stages of your kidney cancer.
Comprehensive, Personalized Care
Sophisticated cancer care takes teamwork — the collaboration of a large group of specialists and subspecialists. That’s why at Scott & White you’ll have an Integrated Care Team dedicated to your care.
Your multidisciplinary team of diagnostic and interventional radiologists; surgical, radiation and medical oncologists — and many others — focuses on you and your care. And they do so in most cases in one location. Our physicians come to you.
Though you'll have a team of specialists and subspecialists overseeing your care, you'll have one lead physician. You'll know your doctor and your doctor will know you. Personalized care is the Scott & White way.
Your lead physician will take the time to listen to you and your concerns. The two of you will talk about your cancer and its effects on you and your loved ones.
In collaboration, your Integrated Care Team will meet to discuss your specific needs and determine the best treatment options for you to consider. Then your lead physician will talk with you about the team’s recommendations.
Together, you and your lead physician can then decide which treatment plan is right for you and your quality of life. You’ll receive an individualized treatment plan, customized just for you. Throughout your care at Scott & White, your team will meet regularly to discuss your care and revise your treatment plan based on your needs.
It’s all part of our mission to provide you with comprehensive, personalized care.
Proven Commitment to Excellence
Scott & White’s commitment to excellence in diagnosis, care and treatment is reflected in our ongoing efforts to provide a comprehensive, world-class Kidney Cancer Program:
- Oncologists with advanced training in your complex genitourinary system
- Nationally recognized urologic surgical oncologists at the forefront of minimally invasive surgical techniques that reduce your discomfort and speed your recovery process
- Single Incision Laparoscopic Surgery (SILS)
- Robot-assisted laparoscopic surgery
- Traditional laparoscopic surgery
- Nationally recognized radiation oncologists providing advanced forms of computer-guided radiation therapy that spares surrounding healthy tissue
- Nationally recognized medical oncologists offering the safest, most progressive and effective chemotherapy protocols
- Progressive approaches in radiation and chemotherapy that help preserve the functional capacity of your kidney
- Outstanding imaging and pathology services
- Our diagnostic radiologists are nationally recognized in identifying tumors.
- Our board-certified pathologists are highly skilled at classifying and staging cancer; they’re experts at detecting markers that assist your care team in planning your treatment.
- A multidisciplinary tumor board of GU cancer specialists who share and discuss difficult cases and formulate patient treatment plans together
- Vitally involved in research and ongoing clinical trials, working with the Scott & White Cancer Research Institute, enabling us to offer you the most advanced care and treatment options available
- Convenient regional locations that make it easier for you to receive treatment without giving up an entire day