Bladder Cancer Care
Scott & White is a good choice because we offer just about everything that there is to offer. Additionally, we do it with a little more personal care than a lot of systems offer. The physicians here at Scott & White are given leeway by the leadership to spend additional time with patients, to give them individualized care and help them with whatever treatment option they choose.
Bladder cancer is a fairly common cancer with very innovative treatments. Here at Scott & White, our GU cancer specialists offer you the most up-to-date therapies — such as transurethral resection of the bladder (TURB) — and the most current technology and equipment for treating your cancer of the bladder.
Experience and skill are the hallmarks of the Scott & White Bladder Cancer Program. Our nationally recognized experts in urologic surgical oncology — and radiation and medical oncology, if needed — have the advanced training and the experience necessary to clinically manage your bladder cancer. At Scott & White, you’ll receive compassionate, highly skilled care throughout all stages of your bladder cancer.
Comprehensive, Personalized Care
Sophisticated cancer care takes teamwork — the collaboration of a large group of specialists and subspecialists. That’s why at Scott & White you’ll have an Integrated Care Team dedicated to your care.
Your multidisciplinary team of diagnostic and interventional radiologists, surgical, radiation and medical oncologists — and many others — focuses on you and your care. And they do so in most cases in one location. Our physicians come to you.
Though you'll have a team of specialists and subspecialists overseeing your care, you'll have one lead physician. You'll know your doctor and your doctor will know you. Personalized care is the Scott & White way.
Your lead physician will take the time to listen to you and your concerns. The two of you will talk about your cancer and its effects on you and your loved ones.
In collaboration, your Integrated Care Team will meet to discuss your specific needs and determine the best treatment options for you to consider. Then your lead physician will talk with you about the team’s recommendations.
Together, you and your lead physician can then decide which treatment plan is right for you and your quality of life. You’ll receive an individualized treatment plan, customized just for you. Throughout your care at Scott & White, your team will meet regularly to discuss your care and revise your treatment plan based on your needs.
It’s all part of our mission to provide you with comprehensive, personalized care.
Proven Commitment to Excellence
Scott & White’s commitment to excellence in diagnosis, care and treatment is reflected in our ongoing efforts to provide a comprehensive, world-class Genitourinary Cancer Program:
- Oncologists with advanced training in your complex genitourinary system
- Nationally recognized urologic surgical oncologists at the forefront of minimally invasive surgical techniques that reduce your discomfort and speed your recovery process
- Nationally recognized radiation oncologists providing advanced forms of computer-guided radiation therapy that spares surrounding healthy tissue
- Nationally recognized medical oncologists offering the safest, most progressive and effective chemotherapy protocols available
- Outstanding imaging and pathology services
- Our diagnostic radiologists are nationally recognized in identifying tumors
- Our board-certified pathologists are highly skilled at classifying and staging cancer; they’re experts at detecting markers that assist your care team in planning your treatment
- A multidisciplinary tumor board of GU cancer specialists who share and discuss difficult cases and formulate patient treatment plans together
- Vitally involved in research and ongoing clinical trials, working with the Scott & White Cancer Research Institute, enabling us to offer you the most advanced care and treatment options available
- Convenient regional locations that make it easier for you to receive treatment without giving up an entire day