Liver Cancer Care
We focus on our patients. We offer a multidisciplinary approach, which is where all physicians collaborate together for the care of the patient. Whatever care is best for the patient, we go with that. If there’s a difference of opinion, then patients are offered choices, and their personal preference will be honored.
Liver cancer is a very serious matter. A liver cancer diagnosis can be overwhelming. The expert care of our GI Cancer Team coupled with advancements in surgical techniques and chemotherapies brings you new hope for the future.
Wide-ranging experience and skill are the hallmarks of our GI Cancer Team. They’re well equipped to help you manage all stages of your liver cancer, offering the most advanced imaging and progressive treatment options available.
Comprehensive, Personalized Care
Sophisticated cancer care takes teamwork — the collaboration of a large group of specialists and subspecialists. That's why at Scott & White you'll have an Integrated Care Team dedicated to your care.
Your multidisciplinary team of diagnostic and interventional radiologists, medical, surgical and radiation oncologists — and many others — focus on you and your care. And they do so in most cases in one location. Our physicians come to you.
Though you'll have a team of specialists and subspecialists overseeing your care, you'll have one lead physician. You'll know your doctor and your doctor will know you. Personalized care is the Scott & White way.
Your lead physician will take the time to listen to you and your concerns. The two of you will talk about your cancer and its effects on you and your loved ones.
In collaboration, your Integrated Care Team will meet to discuss your specific needs and determine the best treatment options for you to consider. Then your lead physician will talk with you about the team’s recommendations.
Together, you and your lead physician can then decide which treatment plan is right for you and your quality of life. You’ll receive an individualized treatment plan, customized just for you. Throughout your care at Scott & White, your team will meet regularly to discuss your care and revise your treatment plan based on your needs.
It’s all part of our mission to provide you with comprehensive, personalized care.
Proven Commitment to Excellence
Scott & White’s commitment to excellence in diagnosis, care and treatment is reflected in our ongoing efforts to provide a comprehensive, world-class Liver Cancer Program:
- Oncologists with advanced training in the complex GI system
- Surgical oncologists at the forefront of minimally invasive surgical techniques that reduce your discomfort and speed your recovery process
- Nationally recognized radiation oncologists providing advanced forms of computer-guided radiation therapy that spares surrounding healthy tissue
- Nationally recognized medical oncologists offering the safest, most progressive and effective chemotherapy protocols
- Progressive approaches in radiation and chemotherapy that help preserve the functional capacity of your liver
- Outstanding imaging and pathology services
- Our diagnostic radiologists are nationally recognized in identifying tumors.
- Our board-certified pathologists are highly skilled at classifying and staging cancer; they’re experts at detecting markers that assist your care team in planning your treatment.
- A multidisciplinary tumor board of GI cancer specialists who share and discuss difficult cases and formulate patient treatment plans together
- Vitally involved in research and ongoing clinical trials, working with the Scott & White Cancer Research Institute, enabling us to offer you the most advanced care and treatment options available
- Convenient regional locations that make it easier for you to receive treatment without giving up an entire day
Find out more in: What to Expect From Scott & White