Colon Cancer Care
Our Colorectal Team at Scott & White is patient centered. We try to do everything we can to accommodate you and give you the highest quality of care. We make time for you. Colorectal cancer isn’t something you plan for, so we work around you.
With colon cancer, it’s all about detection — and experience. Screening, early detection and the experience and skill of our Scott & White Colon Cancer Team give you an excellent outlook for recovery.
Our nationally recognized colorectal surgeons and oncologists have the specialized training and expertise necessary to help manage all stages of your colon cancer, providing you with the most advanced diagnostic and treatment options available.
Comprehensive, Personalized Care
Sophisticated cancer care takes teamwork — the collaboration of a large group of specialists and subspecialists. That's why at Scott & White you'll have an Integrated Care Team dedicated to your care.
Your multidisciplinary team of diagnostic and interventional radiologists, medical and radiation oncologists, colorectal surgeons — and many others — focus on you and your care. And they do so in most cases in one location. Our physicians come to you.
Though you'll have a team of specialists and subspecialists overseeing your care, you'll have one lead physician. You'll know your doctor and your doctor will know you. Personalized care is the Scott & White way.
Your lead physician will take the time to listen to you and your concerns. The two of you will talk about your cancer and its effects on you and your loved ones.
In collaboration, your Integrated Care Team will meet to discuss your specific needs and determine the best treatment options for you to consider. Then your lead physician will talk with you about the team’s recommendations.
Together, you and your lead physician can then decide which treatment plan is right for you and your quality of life. You’ll receive an individualized treatment plan, customized just for you. Throughout your care at Scott & White, your team will meet regularly to discuss your care and revise your treatment plan based on your needs.
It’s all part of our mission to provide you with comprehensive, personalized care.
Proven Commitment to Excellence
Scott & White’s commitment to excellence in diagnosis, care and treatment is reflected in our ongoing efforts to provide a comprehensive, world-class Colorectal Cancer Program.
- High-volume colorectal cancer center — diagnosing, staging and treating hundreds of colorectal cancer cases annually
- Colorectal surgeons and oncologists with advanced training in the complex GI system
- Nationally recognized radiation oncologists providing advanced forms of computer-guided radiation therapy that spares surrounding healthy tissue
- Nationally recognized medical oncologists offering the safest, most progressive and effective chemotherapy protocols
- A model colorectal cancer care center, setting national practice standards other cancer centers follow
- Colorectal surgeons at the forefront of minimally invasive surgical techniques that reduce your discomfort and speed your recovery process
- Single incision laparoscopic surgery (SILS)
- Robot-assisted laparoscopic surgery
- Traditional laparoscopic surgery
- Outstanding imaging and pathology services
- Our diagnostic radiologists are nationally recognized in identifying tumors
- Our board-certified pathologists are highly skilled at classifying and staging cancer; they’re experts at detecting markers that assist your care team in planning your treatment
- A multidisciplinary tumor board of GI cancer specialists who share and discuss difficult cases and formulate patient treatment plans together
- Convenient regional locations that make it easier for you to receive treatment without giving up an entire day
Find out more in: What to Expect From Scott & White
Colon Cancer Research
Scott & White participates in national research groups and industry-supported studies of new therapies. Many of the protocols offered at other at other institutions are also available at Scott & White, affording you the benefit of state-of-the-art care in a more patient-friendly environment.
Talk with your physician about whether you’re a candidate for participation in one of our colon cancer clinical trials.