With a wealth of expertise on staff, the Scott & White Division of Sports Medicine provides patients with professional medical care from diagnosis through recovery.
Our sports medicine physicians have served as team physicians in the NFL, Major League Baseball, and at the college and high school level. You don't have to be a team athlete, however, to take advantage of the care offered at one of the Top 15 teaching hospitals in the nation. Our sports medicine staff treats patients from all walks of life, offering many treatments and procedures found at only a few other medical centers in the region.
Each of our board certified orthopedic surgeons is fellowship trained in sports medicine and arthroscopic surgery. They also hold faculty positions at Texas A&M University Medical School. In addition, an athletic trainer, plus physical and occupational therapists augment the physician care for sports injuries.
Our sports medicine staff is skilled at evaluating and treating sports-related injuries, offering special expertise for injuries to the knee, shoulder and elbow.
- State-of-the-art surgical treatment of:
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) and other ligament injuries of the knee
- Multi-ligament reconstructions of the knee
- Meniscus tears
- Rotator cuff and instability problems of the shoulder
- Ligament reconstruction for shoulder separations
- Traumatic and throwing injuries of the elbow, including ulnar collateral ligament reconstruction in thrower’s elbows ("Tommy John procedure")
- Ultra-modern outpatient surgery center with the latest arthroscopic and reconstructive technology
- On-site high resolution MRI scanners, digital radiology and CT scanners