At-Home Rehabilitation After Hip Replacement Surgery
Rapid Recovery Joint Program
The Trail Ride: Rapid Recovery Joint Program following your hip replacement extends to your own home.
Your surgeon and therapy team collaborate to create a personalized, comprehensive at-home rehabilitation plan for you.
Goals of At-Home Rehabilitation
The more dedicated you are to completing your exercise plan at home, the quicker you will:
- Have improved flexibility
- Have improved range of motion
- Have increased strength and stability
- Return to your daily activities
Recommendations for At-Home Rehabilitation
To speed your recovery, your team makes the following recommendations:
- Follow your surgeon’s and therapists’ orders exactly.
- Review your list of precautions regularly.
- Don’t break your list of precautions.
- Bend your hips at a 90-degree angle – sitting is your rehab.