Making the Most of Your Appointment in the Bone & Joint Institute
Arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your appointment time so you can complete the required Patient Information Forms.
Be prepared to talk openly with your physician regarding your orthopedic concerns.
- Degree of pain
- Loss of mobility
- Loss of function
- Incontinence issues
- Effect on sexual activity
- Anything else that may be embarrassing
Ask questions if you don’t understand.
- Get definitions of medical terms you don’t know
- Have your doctor repeat confusing information
Take notes so you can remember details better.
Have your physician draw up a personalized treatment plan for you.
- Recommended diagnostic tests or imaging
- Suggested nonsurgical and/or surgical procedures
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
Ask your doctor what you can expect following treatment.
- How long recovery will take
- Likelihood of returning to your daily activities
- What you can do to prevent further disability
Ask your physician for educational resources.
- DVDs or YouTube videos
- Website links
- Handouts and brochures
Si usted necesita un traductor, por favor llame para solicitar un mínimo de 24 horas de antelación.