What to Bring to Day Surgery at the Pavilion
- Wear comfortable clothing
- Shoulder/arm/breast surgery
- Wear a loose top that buttons
- Don’t wear something that pulls over your head
- Knee/ankle surgery
- Wear something big and baggy that can will fit over a brace or bulky dressing
- Don’t wear tight-fitting jeans or pants
- An extra set of loose, comfortable clothing, just in case.
Don’t bring anything of value to your surgery appointment, as The Pavilion has no lockers. Security is not provided for your belongings.
Leave at home:
- Credit cards
You may wear your dentures, but your family is responsible for them during your surgery.
If you have guardianship of a child or older adult, bring the paperwork citing your medical authority over the child or adult with you – even if the paperwork should have been handled prior to surgery.
In many cases, surgery will be postponed without the proper guardianship papers on site.
Though you will be unable to eat anything prior to your surgery, your family waiting with you may get hungry.
We offer free drinks at the nurses’ station:
- Soft drinks
Food and drinks are available for purchase at the kiosk in the lobby.
Your family is welcome to bring in food and drink from home or outside vendors.
Si usted necesita un traductor, por favor llame para solicitar un mínimo de 24 horas de antelación.