Why Donate Blood at Scott & White Blood Center?
Scott & White Blood Center is the only completely local blood center in Central Texas. Only Scott & White ensures all donations remain in our community to directly benefit our friends and neighbors. We never ship our blood donations outside Central Texas as other blood centers often do.
Scott & White is the only level 1 trauma center between Dallas and Austin. The blood donated at Scott & White is used for medical emergencies, treatments and surgeries at our medical facilities across the region.
The Scott & White Blood Center is registered by the FDA and accredited by AABB, CAP and the Joint Commission. Our laboratories meet the requirements of the CLIA. Blood collected at our facility is screened for all required infectious disease markers by nucleic acid amplification testing methodology.
Top 10 Reasons to Give Blood at Scott & White
- Scott & White allows staff to donate blood on the clock. Staff may also redeem four donations for a paid day off work. Learn more
- Our bloodmobiles travel throughout Central Texas to make donating blood convenient. Upcoming blood drives
- Blood donors can schedule an appointment to make donating blood faster. Schedule an appointment
- All donors receive special gifts of thanks, such as a t-shirt, food coupon, water bottles, squeezies, and the chance to win cool prizes! Current promotions
- Faithful blood donors are recognized at our annual Blood Donor Appreciation Banquet for their dedication to saving lives. Learn more
- We regularly send blood donors e-mails reminding them of their next donation eligibility date and upcoming blood drives and events in their area
- By donating blood with Scott & White, you are a Hometown Hero saving the lives of up to three members of our community with just one donation. Read the stories of other Hometown Heroes
- Patients at Scott & White need nearly 1450 blood donations a month. Trauma victims, burn victims, scheduled and emergency surgery patients, luekemia patients, sickle cell patients, patients with blood disorders such as anemia, and organ transplant patients all need blood donations
- Scott & White Blood Center reaches out to the community by speaking to small groups, attending health fairs and educating classrooms about the importance of blood donations. Learn more
- Scott & White Blood Center works together with the community to ensure blood is available. Several local businesses have partnered with the Blood Center to alert community members to blood needs. Join the Hero Response Team