My Blood, Your Blood Program
What Is My Blood, Your Blood?
My Blood, Your Blood is an award-winning educational program created by America's Blood Centers to teach students grades 1 through 8 about the importance of community service through blood donation and the value of living a healthy lifestyle.
The Scott & White Blood Center has taught more than 1,000 students in school classrooms, Boy Scout and Girl Scout troops and after school programs since the it adopted the program in 2007.
What Will the Lesson Include?
The Blood Center is available to present the My Blood, Your Blood program during a variety of hours to best suit your needs. The program lasts 30-45 minutes, including an educational video with a questions-and-answer discussion session, depending on what is appropriate for the number and age of the students.
The lesson will cover topics such as:
- What makes their heart beat
- Why they should not pick their scabs
- What helps heal their their wounds when they fall
- Why becoming a blood donor at age 17 is so important
How Do I Schedule My Blood, Your Blood?
To schedule a Scott & White Blood Center representative to teach My Blood, Your Blood to your students, please contact Regina Phinney by email at email@example.com or phone at 254-724-HERO.
What you'll need to provide:
- Attentive students
- A television and DVD player
What we'll provide:
- A My Blood, Your Blood coloring book and pencils for each student
- A special prize for a few lucky students who answer questions correctly